Thursday, September 30, 2010

What We Have Done So Far…

The schedule is lighter now and I don’t feel overwhelmed as before. I don’t want to get too stressful on the things we haven’t accomplished and then try to push her into doing more. She’s only six and I’m very proud of what she can do right now, so I don’t want to rush her in anyway. I want her to enjoy her childhood. I want her to be free to explore, to do arts, to move and dance, to be loud when singing or laughing, and most of all… to be herself and I want her to have fun in the process.

Here are some of the works that Andrea did…
Dea doing the copywork from Scripture
Copywork from Scripture
Cursive handwriting
Cursive handwriting (2 letters)
Cursive handwriting (3 letters)
Geography from the Seven Little Sisters book
Artist study - Albrecht Durer
Math from CIMT-MEP
Math from CIMT-MEP
CIMT – MEP math (I had to stop this and supplement with other book to instill some concepts because it’s getting harder for her)
Math Basics 3 (School Zone)
Math (double-digit subtractions)
Maths Basics 3 from School Zone (she does 2 pages everyday, and yes, she understands the concept)
Reading by herself
Free drawing
Drawing about God's creations
Another free drawing session :)
Sea creatures
Swimming with the homeschool community
Play swing
She’s happier now and have lots of time for read-alouds which is her favorite part of the school. We both are happier… LOL

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going well... :) her writing and drawings are astounding!

    amy in peru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter writes and draws very well! We haven't started cursive writing yet. My daughter would love to learn, maybe after the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kattie
    Thank you for your compliment. She really likes the cursive, she begged to do more everyday. She just loved to write her name in cursive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amy in Peru
    Thanks, Amy. I really hope that things will go smoothly...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails